So the goal I have had lately is to make sure each page is as optimized as possible for users. I have redone each page so many times my mind is spinning. I think that one of the issues is I never see anything as complete so it leads me to constantly be updating things.
Yesterday I spent a good amount of time redoing the page that displays which site a user is hosting with us. Creating a database and profile fields to accomplish this wasn’t easy but it’s Something that made me proud once I was able to get it working.
Having originally everything run off of cPanel and Plesk this type of task was already done. The issue was the interface for users was confusing and pricing for cPanel was constantly increasing and we didn’t think passing off increases was good business.
That was another deciding factor in moving away from a proprietary control panel. Moving to a setup on our website to allow users to manage their billing and see what there hosting with us made more sense. The next major task we need to tackle is speed optimization on our website. Google had recently announced that website speed was going to directly affect rankings.